Office Hacks January 07 2015 1 Comment
Behold the desk jockey! The workaholic hunched over in his chair with horrible posture and experiencing pains and aches in common areas like:
- Lower back
If the above seems familiar to you, have no fear! Short of getting you to do your work while standing, here are some office hacks that can save your posture!
- Sit closer to your desk and reduce your viewing distance from the monitor.
- This is to ensure that you don’t have to lean towards the monitor, straining your neck.
- Ensure your back is fully rested on the backrest.
- Having your back on the backrest will support your spine fully.
- Ensure both feet are touching the floor and not dangling in the air.
- This lets your body know that it is in a stable position, preventing your muscles from tightening up.
- Rest your forearms on the desk when you are using the keyboard and mouse.
- To support the weight of your arm as well as reducing the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Besides these adjustments, you can also consider standing up and taking a short walk after an extended period of sitting.
In our next installment of this 3 part office series, we will be focusing on how to release and stretch tight muscles. Stay tuned!